Wednesday 12 March 2014

TOPSHOP SLAP


There are currently only four Topshop stores in all of Australia, but luckily I live within 5km of one of them! If I am being perfectly honest, I really don't buy that much clothing from Topshop, but I do always find myself browsing and almost buying, so that counts, right?


So apart from a breton style top from the maternity section (the perfect amount of baggy-ness) and some fabulous dungarees (oh yes, you heard right), the majority of my purchases have been from the make-up stand.



The most recent of these is a Gloss Ink lip product in the colour Sloe Gin. Good name, great colour, impressive staining power! This is my kind of lip product, as I always find myself rubbing and smudging in my lipstick, to achieve the perfect 'lived-in' look. Because of the staining abilities of this product, it achieves the desired 'rough and ready' look I am usually going for, whilst giving a really bold colour payoff too. This shade is certainly going to be a staple for autumn and winter, as whilst it is deep, it has a vibrancy to it which really pops.


This trio of eyeshadows ("Orion") was a bit of a rash purchase. I think I was most drawn to the middle  metalicy taupey bronzey shade (any suggestions on what this shade actually is?!). So when I finally had a proper play with all three shades later on, I was happy to see that I liked them all. Admittedly, it has to be said that these do tend to look a little different on compared to in the pan, but I really think that comes down to their shimmer content. But I think that is why I like them. I tend to use them more as a wash of colour, either on their own, for a light and glimmery day look, or as a final shimmery layer over a more pigmented base.


The final in this feature is the lovely highlighter Glow. This colour 'Polished' is such a lovely combination of silver pink and gold, that it really is suitable for a multitude of looks. If you look carefully in the above picture, my thumb is slightly more glowy than the rest of my hand, which just highlights how lovely and subtle this product really is. You can tone it down even more, as I did with my makeup today, by mixing it with a little of your foundation, and applying it to the high points (top of cheeks, bridge of nose, cupid's bow). 

So all in all, three rather nice products! I highly recommend you go swatch, play and maybe even buy for yourself!

No comments :

Post a Comment